DIABETIC,

dear doctor,

my boyfriend tested "marginally" positive on HIV. he has had 15 days of fever with mild rise in temperature, 37,5oC rising in afternoons.

he is a diabetic on insulin shots, and has taken 3 x 500 mg of Azytromicinum (local name Sumamed) for the suspected start-up but not even confirmed stage of pneumonia as a prevention. it is considered the strongest antibiotic loacally available in Croatia at this time.

since HIV test is not 100 fully confirmed, there are now further tests done to confirm it, please tell me is it possible that, due to his diabetes or medics taken, his test results are falsely positive in primary test phase?

moreover, I was tested and am HIV NEG (HIV 1 and 2) on the same date of testing and have had NO safe sex together for 7 years that we lived together.

Is it a miracle that he results NEGATIVE in new tests or maybe the primary tests are indeed the truth to be faced with??

Please help. We are confused and VERY SCARED....

I am not sure what "marginally" positive means. If you mean that his test result was "inconclusive" it is highly likely that he is HIV negative if his risk for infection is low. You should rely on clarification of these results from the person who provided them to you.

RMK

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
Need ur expertise / worried