Sharing Sex Toys...

Hi. Please help!! My question is that, Would it be risky to share sex toys with my HIV positive galfriends. (as in sharing a dildo at both ends)? and Is it safe for a girl to masturbate once or twice every day? is it too much or does it cause any diseases?? please answer me. i can't "play" with my galfriends untill i get your reply. ;)

In general, it seems that sharing sex toys with a partner would be low-risk (there's no evidence that anyone has been infected this way). It is difficult to generalize on the level of risk because it will vary depending on the circumstances. The length of time that elapses between sharing a toy with your partner will affect the risk for transmission (see Survival...). The risk of transmission will also vary depending on the amount and types of fluids that are on the sex toy (blood is more infectious, vaginal fluids less). Avoid inserting a toy into the rectum and then into your partner's vagina; this increases her risk for bladder infections.

If you are not engaging in unprotected vaginal or anal sex, you should generally consider your risk for infection low to nonexistent (depending on the activity). HIV is transmitted when infected fluids (blood, semen, vaginal/cervical secretions) come into contact with mucous membranes or have direct access to your bloodstream. If you minimize this kind of contact, you greatly reduce your risk for transmission.

To prevent transmission of STD's when using a sex toy, you basically want to minimize contact with your partner's fluids. This might mean not sharing sex toys (each of you has your own), putting a new condom on the sex toy before each use, or soaking/washing the toy with warm water and soap between use.

Masturbation doesn't cause or create sexually transmitted infections or diseases.

RMK

oral sex on women
Very concerned after sex with a sex worker!