Safe Sex

How much would safe sex prevent the transmission of HIV?

Theoretically speaking, if it was totally safe sex, there wouldn't be any transmission of HIV, right? That's why it's called "safe sex." It's safe. However, things aren't always so black and white, so we often discuss "safer" sex. Folks just need to understand the potential risks at which they place themselves and be comfortable with that decision.

Take driving as an example. Safe driving would produce no accidents; however, if you decide it's OK to talk on your cell phone, apply eye makeup, and eat a Krispy Kreme donut while driving, things wouldn't be so safe. However, if you feel its safe enough for you, then you can do that --- just please let me know when you're on the road so I'll know to stay "safely" home. Of course, on the other hand, it would be perfectly safe to eat a Krispy Kreme donut while having sex, but that's another story altogether.

condoms
I used to worry like these folks