|i really need ur help
Mar 14, 2003
hi sir, as it is mentioned in the early symptoms of hiv, achy muscles and joint is one of them, since i had sex (without condom) my both thighs are painful , but the pain is not severe, it has been two days, i had sex. do i really need to worry about it in case i am diagonsed HIV positive, with in a week to exposure, and i start with my treatment , will i be able to get rid of the HIV infection completely, and live a peaceful life. hope to hear from u soon
| Response from Mr. Kull
Don't do this to yourself! Trying to determine your HIV status based on symptoms you are experiencing is unwise, anxiety provoking, and unreliable. Recent HIV infection (acute HIV infection, acute retroviral syndrome) should only be considered if ALL of the following are true:
1) You had unprotected vaginal or anal sex (inserting or receiving a penis without a condom) within the past three months.
2) Your partner was known to be HIV infected, or is a person who is in a "high-risk" category (a man who has sex with men, an injection drug user, or a person who has sexual contact with others in an area of high HIV incidence or prevalence, like sub-Saharan Africa).
3) Your symptoms are indicative of acute HIV infection (febrile illness, sometimes compared to flu or mono). The specific symptoms can vary from person to person, but acute infection most often manifests in this "flu-like" manner.
If all of the above are true for you, see a doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. If all of the above are not true, you should still have your symptoms evaluated by a doctor, but it is not likely that they are related to HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Touching Vomit Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Sharing Dildos Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.