Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

u must feel good about ignoring me
Mar 14, 2003

Would an aids test be necessary after a low exposure, when I helped a drunk girl after she fell. I was fearing that since I saw that she got blood on my shirt, that maybe some blood got on my hands without me knowing and it touched a small cut on my knouckle that I may have recieved that night. (She had blood on her head and I picked her up from her waist.) Or what if before when I had seen her when she fell on the stairs, that her hand started bleeding and has she was my holding me hand, got inside my knuckle? please help me, I do not mean to bother, just want some help..has any ever got aids like this?.....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Ignoring you? No, I'm really not ignoring you. It's just that 1000's of questions come our way, and we really can't answer each and every one. I do hope you and all the forum readers understand that. OK?

So she was holding your hand? Was this before she went sailing down the stairs? Guess you weren't holding on tight enough now, were you? Relax. The blood you got on your shirt or hand (with or without a small cut on your knuckle) does not pose a significant risk for HIV. "Has anyone ever got AIDS like this?" No, they have not; nor do most guys tend to fling their dates down a flight of stairs.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
worried - NOT!
Next
AIDS social solutions project

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.