infection by saliva

Dear Ryan, I have posted my question first times. This is very serious. I have a transexual person with HIV+ in my office. This morning during talking to him, his saliva got into my eye. I still not go to the hospital. Could you please tell me what are the chances for me to get HIV from his saliva through my eye. How can I do about this accident? Please kindly answer my question. Hope to see your answer soon.

You are not at risk for HIV infection. First of all, HIV is not airborne: that means that you can't get infected by talking with someone who has HIV, even if that person sneezes in your face. Secondly, HIV is not known to be transmitted through saliva. Saliva contains small amounts of HIV (if any), and is not considered infectious.

RMK

what is this?
After Sex