PCR-RNA

Hmm,I am not exactly sure what is ment by PCR-RNA testing..?..I am looking for the answer but can't seem to come across it..could you possibly fill me in a little..?..thanks Dudola

PCR stand for polymerase chain reaction - a very sophisticated type of test that can identify very small particles and amplify them, so their presence can be detected. Sound complicated? Well, it is! RNA is ribonucleic acid. You can think of them as genetic fragments. HIV is an RNA virus. Humans have DNA, deoxyribonucleic acid, for our genetic code. So, putting it all together, PCR-RNA testing in the setting of HIV disease is using PCR technology to find and quantify HIV's RNA. Another way of saying this is "RNA viral load." Hope that helps.

Dr. Dudola

Well would you believe it
scratching testicles worries