The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

insertive Fellatio

Mar 2, 2003

Dear Ryan, I am a man from Asia and really confused, anxiety and scare, need your personal help, 3 weeks ago massages women give me oral sex, just only Insertive Fellatio, I am very very scare on it, than 2 weeks later after that I tried to test her status and was found HIV-, it doesnt make me feel better, because medical doctor said her status cannot used as reference. get test after 3 mouth is only the answer, laboratory done for me and free for all STD, no specific symptom for ARS. Could you please please please, give me advice urgently, I believe that I cannot waiting more 2 mouth to get test and confirm my status as medical doctor was advised. Thank you Ryan, I dont know whether you can available to answer but, I still hope, please give me what to do.


Response from Mr. Kull

Testing for HIV infection using antibody assays is only conclusive three months after exposure. That's the bad news. The good news is that you your worries about infection are probably too great: there is no conclusive evidence, according to the CDC, that people get infected through insertive fellatio (getting a blow-job).

It is possible to get a sexually transmitted infection through oral sex, but it is not the most common route (genital-to-genital contact is). See STD from receiving fellatio for more info.


Human Bite & HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint