receiving oral sex from female

Mr. Kull I had an HIV test about 9 months ago and it was neg. since then I have not had sexual intercourse with anyone however 3 weeks ago I received fellatio from a women i did not know and did not use a condom. She did it for about 10 minutes and I ejaculated and she swallowed. I've been driving my self crazy with worry about HIV should I get tested again??

HIV is not known to be transmitted through insertive oral sex (to the person receiving fellatio, sometimes referred to as a "blow-job"). Ejaculation doesn't change that risk for you. Ejaculation is only meaningful (in terms of risk!) to the person coming into contact with semen.

There are no documented cases of transmission through contact with saliva. The saliva of HIV infected people contains little to no virus, and the virus that is found in saliva is often inactive (not infectious). Studies have found that a protein in saliva inactivates HIV (up to 90% of virus was inactivated in one test tube study) and other factors that may contribute to the noninfectious quality of saliva. This is why transmission through kissing or receiving oral sex doesn't seem to occur.

If you continue to drive yourself crazy, consider talking with someone who can lend a helpful, understanding ear. Sometimes talking worries out with someone who can listen, without judgement, can help for the short-term. If your anxiety really makes it difficult for you to function, consider talking with a mental health professional.

RMK

protected sex with chafing at base of penis
ARS