protected sex with chafing at base of penis

I recently had protected sex with a girl of unknown HIV history. I used a condom (polyurethane) and lubricant. However, I had a small (dime sized) chafed area at the base of my penis (so i could see it when i looked down), right at the area where the pubic hair ends and the penis begins. This chafing was due to me masturbating while wearing a ring, and the ring caused the chafing. This chafing occured about 5 hours before intercourse. The condom did not cover this area, and I believe some vaginal fluids and maybe some blood (she was on her period) may have contacted it. DOes this pose a significant risk for HIV transmission? Thank you

No, it does not pose a significant risk for transmission. It's difficult to say whether or not the chafing put you at any increased risk for infection, though it is unlikely that it did. The important thing is that you used a condom, and people usually get infected through unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

RMK

the effectiveness of 2 condoms
receiving oral sex from female