The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

underwear grinding

Feb 26, 2003

Dear Ryan,

I received a lap dance at a strip club 3 days ago. The stripper undid my jeans and proceed to grind me in my underwear. She was totally naked. We did not have sex nor did I penetrate her in any way. My worry is that "what if" part of penis was sticking out of my underwear(I think i fcould feel my foreskin sticking out from the friction). If her genitals rubbed against the foreskin or head of my penis could that be a possible risk. I am so worried and struggling with day to day activities.


Am I at risk....Should I consider testing...I would go crazy thinking I have to wait three months. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Kull

HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted through anal, vaginal, and oral sex. Since you did not engage in any of these activities, you are not considered to be at risk for infection.

People can generally answer these questions themselves by reading through similar responses and thinking about the model for transmission:

1) HIV infected fluids need to come into direct contact with mucous membranes or the bloodstream.

2) Sexual transmission is only known to occur through vaginal and anal sex (penetration), and less frequently through oral sex (primarily to the person performing oral sex on a man). No other routes are known during sexual contact.


What is my risk of infection?
canker sores

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint