Herpes and HIV
Feb 24, 2003
I have a protected sexual intercourse with a female, status unknown. However, during that time I also had herpes but that area is all covered by condom. Should I be worried of HIV infection here and get tested?
Response from Mr. Kull
An intact latex condom provides an effective barrier against HIV. Any area of the body that is covered by a condom should protect that area from contact with HIV and most other sexually transmitted infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- Can Lupus Cause A False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.