STDs (other than HIV) from receiving fellatio?

Thank you for providing such a valuable source of information. I know from reading your site that the risk of getting from receiving insertive oral sex is very low. My question is about other STDs. I've read repeatedly that there is "some risk" or that it's "riskier" than oral sex with a condom, but I was hoping you could shed a little more light on it.

Specifically, I recently received unprotected oral sex at a party from a sex worker who had just gone down on five other guys before me and swallowed each time. Conversations with her afterwards confirmed that she regularly gave unprotected oral sex to guys and swallowed their cum, and had been doing this for about two years. Yes, I know this was stupid of me.

My question is, how much risk do you think I took of contracting other STDs, and which ones? What should I do about it?

You are at greatest risk for a sexually transmitted infection (STI,STD) during genital-to-genital contact. However, engaging in oral-genital contact does pose some risk for certain STIs.

There are certain sexually transmitted diseases that can be transmitted to your genitals via somebody's mouth. Any infections that occur in or around the mouth, or are transmitted through fluids in the mouth, could theoretically be transmitted to your genital region. STDs that could be transmitted through RECEIVING oral sex are herpes, syphilis, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and HPV. Others are possible, but unlikely.

If you need to learn more about STDs, symptoms, detection, and treatment, see STD Basics .

RMK

pregnant and negative?
penis discharge