Feb 21, 2003
I plan on testing myself for HIV in the next few months. Worst case scenario: If I am postive, how much would HA ART treatment and other types of treatment(Thymaus treatment) cost? By the way, I was on PEP, and the one month cost for combovir(AZT & Retrovir) were about 500.
Response from Mr. Kull
The cost for one antiretroviral drug per year can average between $2,000 and $7,000 (Combivir, in your case, would cost $6,000 per year). Since people take multiple antiretroviral medications, costs can range from $12,000 to $21,000 per year. Private insurance doesn't usually cover the total costs, so people often have to rely upon financial assitance from government programs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Safe?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Mutual Masturbation
- Vaginal Sex With Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.