Feb 18, 2003
can u tell me which is more infecrious blood or semen, etc? how likely is infection when blood gets into your mouth?
Response from Mr. Kull
The blood of HIV infected people contains a much higher concentration of HIV compared to the levels of virus in semen. Therefore, blood is considered most infectious.
HIV infected blood coming into contact with your mouth poses a significant risk for transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Can You Be Stabbed With Hiv Aids In Needles?
- Is It Thrush Or Strep Throat?
- What Are The Best Condoms To Use To Protect Against Hiv?
- When To Expect Primary Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.