Condoms and Lubrication
Feb 16, 2003
Hey Doc, What effect would beer used as lubrication during sex have on the condom? Would it be a negative effect, like an oil based product? Does it increase my likelihood of contracting HIV. Thanks
Response from Mr. Kull
I don't think that beer is oil-based, but I'm not a chemist. I would actually be surprised if using beer had any lubricating effect, so it would probably be best to skip using it in the future.
Stick to lubricants that you know are water-based (buy an over-the-counter product in advance). If you are unsure, don't use whatever is lying around. You can also skip having penetrative sex if you don't have the appropriate supplies on hand, and be a little creative with your sexual activity.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand?
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.