vaginal secretions on sore risk
Feb 16, 2003
Hello Ryan. Please answer me, I am very anxious.
I had protected sex with young thai prostitute, but after sex i discovered i had 2 fresh sores (no cuts) on my skin (on the back and chest) without upper epidermis, looking red, feeling a little moist. I am panicking i could get hiv through contact of vaginal fluids that were on girls hands with the sores.
is aids transmitted this way?
please tell me if i had real risk getting hiv.
thank you much
Response from Mr. Kull
In order for there to be a risk for HIV infection, the following needs to occur:
1) Direct contact with bodily fluids (blood, semen, vaginal secretions)
2) The fluids contain HIV
3) Fluids have access to mucous membranes or bloodstream. This is known to occur during sex (only vaginal, anal, and oral sex) and sharing injection needles.
Since your contact involved using a condom for sex (which greatly reduces the odds for transmission), it is unlikely that you were infected in the episode you describe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.