Erotic Massage

Recently on a trip to Singapore, I allowed myself to receive an erotic massage. This involved the masseuse rubbing parts of my rectum with hand lotion and using a lubricant to rub my penis.

There was no genital to oral contact, and there was no vaginal penetration. In addition, the massuese sat on top of me (her buttocks on the small of my back). While she licked parts of my body, there was no deep kissing. Unless she fingered herself and then touched me, I did not otherwise come into contact with any vaginal secretions (other than when she was possibly sitting on my back).

As this masseuse was really a prostitute by another name, and as no latex gloves or condoms were used, am I at risk for infection as a result of the anal and penile rubbing received? As you might imagine, I am now concerned and very uncomfortable about all of this.

Thank you.

HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted through anal, vaginal, and oral sex. Since you did not engage in any of these activities, you are not considered to be at risk for infection.

People can generally answer these questions themselves by reading through similar responses and thinking about the model for transmission:

1) HIV infected fluids need to come into direct contact with mucous membranes or the bloodstream.

2) Sexual transmission is only known to occur through vaginal and anal sex (penetration), and less frequently through oral sex (primarily to the person performing oral sex on a man). No other routes are known during sexual contact.

RMK

Fresh Blood on Skin, what is the risk?
2 questions that have been bothering me