Genital (Male) to Genital (Female) Contact

Dear Ryan,

Recently, I went home with a woman I met at a bar just that night. One thing lead to another and we were both naked and I was fingering her. She had vaginal secretions and then got on top of me and started to grind against my penis, I could feel the wetness on my penis. This lasted for two to three minutes and then stopped. Penetration never occured and we never had intercourse but there was genital to genital contact. What is the likelihood that HIV or any other STD could have been transmiited.

I did not know this woman, nor anything about her sexual history. I know this was stupid and am now feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety and guilt. Please help.

There is no evidence to support transmission occurring through fingering or grinding. HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted through vaginal, anal, and oral sex. You should not be concerned about HIV transmission in this case.

It is possible that you could be exposed to sexually transmitted infections in the contact you describe. Certain STIs that are transmitted through contact with the skin of an infected person could pose a risk to you. See Explain transmission of stds for more info.

RMK

Gland type pain
lymph pain