!!!sharing toothbrushes or shavers!!
Feb 9, 2003
My sister is going to be tested for HIV and she has used other family members toothbrushes and shavers.....what is the chance that if she does test HIV positive, that we will get the virus also?
Response from Mr. Kull
It is unlikely. While it is not recommended that people share the toothbrush or razor of an HIV infected person (there is the possibility of coming into contact with blood), there is no evidence that people have become infected with HIV through those routes. Studies conducted among household members of HIV infected people did not show that HIV was transmitted through toothbrushes or razors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.