The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

deep kissing

Mar 5, 2001

Dear Mr Kull. i had a protected sex with the thai prostitute with unknown status and had deep kissing few times . After this incidence i got a call for Anual medical examination ,hearing that i started feeling very uneasy and the result of which could have resulted in the body pain(sometime in the legs or hand muscles)which is not so severe. i got myself tested after 37 days which came out negative. My question is whether my body pain is a symptoms of early HIV infection or is due to the stress i am feeling always as there is no symptoms besides this. Should i go for the another test (i have to fly to another country for this )after 60 days or is there any other test which can give early result?

Response from Mr. Kull

Making a decision to get tested is one that you need to make on your own. It sounds like a particularly difficult decision for you because of the need to leave your country for testing. A test at 37 days falls within the window period, so it is not as accurate as a test performed three months after exposure. Keep in mind that--based on the limited information that you gave me--your risk for infection seems pretty low. Your symptoms could very well be attributed to stress, but only a medical doctor can make an accurate diagnosis.


similar diseases to HIV
Kissing Panic!!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint