Transmission from Female to Male

In terms of transmission, how difficult is it for males to recieve HIV from females, if there are no sores, cuts, etc. on the penis? And also, what is the approximate amount of 18 yr. olds that have HIV in the USA? I had a sexual encounter with a girl twice without using a condom, and she has a friend who is bisexual who has also had sexual encounters with her. I found that they had sexual encounters later on. The most he has done with another male is performed oral sex, and I know that the chances are still quite low, but I'd like to know the stats, if you could please. Thanks!

Research has supported that the risk of transmission from females to males in the developed world is lower than the risk of transmission from males to females; in some studies, substantially lower. See Male-to-female... and

Padian Study for more information.

For information on HIV infection rates among teens in the U.S., see Young People at Risk.

Any time your mucous membranes come into contact with HIV infected fluids, there is the possibility of transmission, regardless of your gender. So, while the rates of transmission might be low in your case, it is still best to beat the odds by using condoms for sex.

RMK

Nonoxynol-9
What if I Swallow Cum?