risk of infection
Jan 19, 2003
I had vaginal sex with a prostitute, although I used a condom, after 2 week I developed a very bad sore throat, and have felt weaker recently. I intend to get tested, when would you recommend, and do I have high or low risk of HIV infection.
Response from Mr. Kull
Using a condom for sex, when it is used consistently and does not break or tear, provides an excellent barrier to HIV and greatly reduces the risk for transmission.
For more information, please see Condom Used Properly for links to more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.