risk of infection
Jan 19, 2003
I had vaginal sex with a prostitute, although I used a condom, after 2 week I developed a very bad sore throat, and have felt weaker recently. I intend to get tested, when would you recommend, and do I have high or low risk of HIV infection.
Response from Mr. Kull
Using a condom for sex, when it is used consistently and does not break or tear, provides an excellent barrier to HIV and greatly reduces the risk for transmission.
For more information, please see Condom Used Properly for links to more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cases Of Wife Contracting Hiv After Husband Had Visited A Prostitute
- Negative Effects Of Flu Shot On Peripheral Neuropathy
- Do Scabs Protect Bloodstream From Hiv?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- Can You Be Stabbed With Hiv Aids In Needles?
- Who To See If You Have Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.