What is VD?

I saw this t.v. show once and it was talking about this diease called "VD" what is this "VD"?I heard you could contract this diease by toilet seats and door knobs.Could you please tell me what this diease, how you contract it, and is it treatable? Thank you for Your time and wisdom.

V.D. is short for "venereal disease", an archaic name for sexually transmitted infections. We don't say venereal disease any longer because of the implication that infections acquired through sexual contact are the result of immoral behavior (venery means sin).

You don't get sexually transmitted infections (STIs or STDs) from doorknobs or toilet seats. See http://www.thebody.com/safesex/sex.html for more information.

RMK

Do I have to retest? Your Opinion Please...
Types of testing for HIV and accuracy- scared