|What is VD?
Jan 19, 2003
I saw this t.v. show once and it was talking about this diease called "VD" what is this "VD"?I heard you could contract this diease by toilet seats and door knobs.Could you please tell me what this diease, how you contract it, and is it treatable? Thank you for Your time and wisdom.
| Response from Mr. Kull
V.D. is short for "venereal disease", an archaic name for sexually transmitted infections. We don't say venereal disease any longer because of the implication that infections acquired through sexual contact are the result of immoral behavior (venery means sin).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever Sign Of HIV Infection
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.