blood contact?

Much of what I have read has told me that blood contact apart from sexual intercourse and needles will not transmit HIV, but I would greatly appreciate an expert opinion on an event which has worried me. I went to a bathroom to wash up, and noticed in the wastebasket a towel that had some blood on it, and it appeared to be wet. Since I I had a few scratches on my face and hands, is there any risk of transmission if infected blood was on any of the facilities that I touched?

There is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through the route you describe (which could be categorized as casual contact). In terms of blood contact, HIV is only known to be transmitted through sharing injection needles (the vast majority), accidental occupational exposures, transfusions of blood and blood products, and tissue transplants.

RMK

Old studies that are worth a look
Is this oral sex?