Herpes

HI

RYAN COULD I HAVE ,HSV1 AND HSV2,AND SHOW NO SYMPTOMS,NOT EVEN THE HERPES SORES FOR TWO YEARS......IS TESTING ADVISABLE...... EXPOSURE RECEVING ORAL SEX? PLEASE ADVICE.AND COULD THE GRAM STAIN TEST DETECT ANY OTHER STD THAN GONNORRHEA,SAY CHLAMYDIA....I MEAN COULD THE REPORT BE ABNORMAL IF I HAVE ANY STD OTHER THAN GONNORHEA......MINE WAS NORMAL?

Almost 90 percent of Americans are infected with HSV-1 (the type that typically causes cold sores/fever blisters around the mouth), mostly through non-sexual contact. Approximately 45 million, or one out of five, Americans above 12 years of age are infected with HSV-2 (the type that typically causes genital herpes). Most people with HSV infection are not aware of their infection and do not experience, or are not aware of, symptoms. So it is possible to be infected with HSV and not know it. Ultimately, if you are not experiencing symptoms, there's little you can do.

Tests used to detect gonorrhea are for gonorrhea detection alone. If you are concerned about chlamydia infection, talk with your doctor about screening.

RMK

Length of time
Old studies that are worth a look