Hep B Question

Dear doctor, I recently found out that my girlfriend is an inactive carrier of hepB since being born. We have engaged occasionally in "unsafe" sex and after recently finding out the aforementioned, I have gotten a blood test. Until the results are determined..I read from several sources that it is not *too* great a chance i'll have hepB with her being an inactive carrier, and me being 22 years old. Is there a great risk of concern here? I want to get the immunization as soon as possible, hoping I am not too late.

Thank you greatly.

A hepatitis B carrier is a person who never fully recovers from hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. This means that (please make sure that your information is correct and that your partner is in fact a carrier) your partner is infected with HBV and can transmit the virus to you when your mucous membranes come into contact with her vaginal secretions , blood, and saliva.

Approximately 90% of infants infected with hepatitis B will remain carriers for life. Inactive carriers are less infectious than those with active disease, but can still transmit the virus. It is important that you inform your doctor of this situation and get appropriate treatment.

RMK

oral sex
Shrinkage a risk factor?