Oral Sex - high risk ?

Dear Doctor,

I have read that less than perfect oral conditions can turn oral sex from a low to a high risk activity.

This freaked me out since 3 1/2 months ago I had a fairly safe encounter with a girl i know which i ignored until now. Basically, i had protected sex and fingered her and kissed / touched her body simultaneously resulting in some vaginal fluid coming into contact with my mouth.

I noticed later that i had a small ulcer on my lower lip and also my gums are not in the greatest condition although im trying to rectify this so this may change the risk slightly.

Since this encounter i have had no flu, cold or any other ARS related symptom but have felt a little tired ( a rather non specific condition admittedly ).

Would you think there was any need for testing ?

Oral sex is rarely considered a "high-risk" activity. The risk of HIV transmission during oral sex when a person has good oral health is quite low; having cuts or sores in the mouth will increase the risk, but probably not to the level of unprotected vaginal or anal sex.

Oral sex involved putting one's mouth on the vagina, penis, or anus. It doesn't seem like you engaged in any of those behaviors, so it is unlikely that you are at any real risk for infection.

RMK

window period
How long afterwards will you know