HSV-I Equivocal Result

I recently did a std test for for Chlamydia, HSV I and HSV II and HIV. All results return negative except HSV-I result which is equivocal. I look through the Internet and understand that if the result is equivocal, I should redo a test about 14 days later.

Please advice if this is necessary. I am paranoid because unless I am negative, I can't be sure if I have HSV-I.

But according to my family doctor, he says it is alright. What are your views?

I'm not a doctor, so you should rely on yours for appropriate interpretation of your tests.

I know this is more complicated than I'm making it sound, but I'll give it a shot anyway: why are you so aggressively pursuing HSV-1 screening? Almost 90 percent of Americans are infected with HSV-1, mostly through non-sexual contact. 90%!!! And, if you don't experience symptoms related to HSV-1 (commonly experienced as cold sores around the mouth), then you being infected with HSV-1 is ultimately inconsequential. While cold sores can be uncomfortable and unpleasant to look at, they are benign. See HSV for more info.

RMK

W.B at four months?*Help*
Cut on hand in steam room