Is neccesary an antibody test ??

Hi, Doctor Ryan.

Eigth weeks ago I had sex with a prostitute. I didn't do cunnilingus, I didn't do anal sex with her. I used double condom. (I have mycosis).

I don't know if the double condom broke.

Three weeks before, I had a cold, without fever, without noodles, I have rash. My friends say "this rash is caused by changes of temperature" (In this tropical country).

Is this "the flu-like" manner??

Am I infected??

Is an antibody test neccesary (3-6 months) or is only for my mental health??

Thanks, Dr. Kull.

Merry Christmas from Colombia.

Thanks for the holiday wishes.

If you feel that you are at risk for infection through a sexual exposure, antibody testing is appropriate. While it is quite unlikely that you would become infected when using just one condom for sex (never mind two! see my response to Using two condoms), a rationale for testing could be formulated. If you are concerned, get tested, and leave it at that.

Antibody tests can help to relieve anxiety about infection for most people, regardless of their risk. However, antibody testing should not replace appropriate treatment for underlying mental health issues--like depression, anxiety, guilt, substance abuse, etc. Psychotherapy and psychopharmacology are more appropriate. Also, if you are running out and getting a test every time you have sex, or if you find that you are doubting the accuracy of a highly accurate test, you may be using the testing process inappropriately. More importantly, you are probably not caring for yourself in the best ways.

RMK

Types of HIV/STD tests
W.B at four months?*Help*