Confused about inertive oral sex

Hi Ryan.

I am stressed and confused about the risk for insertive oral sex. You state that the risk is zero unless there is some cuts in the mouth of the person. I wonder what you say about the study that was published in Int STD and AIDS journal in 1997 that claimed that they had found 2 cases of transmission from the mouth to the penis?I have not found the transcript from it so thats why i ask you to clarify that study. Was there visible blood present or not?

Hope to get a fast reply since im driving myself craszy with the risk of having HIV from a insertive oral sex occasion.

That article looked at two cases or oral-to-genital transmission of HSV (herpes simplex virus) NOT HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). It is clear that a person can transmit an oral herpes infection to a sexual partner's genitals.

There is still no concrete evidence that the insertive partner in oral sex is at any real risk for infection with HIV, even though risk is never absent. The CDC states that the insertive partner is at risk if the receptive partner is HIV infected and has blood in his/her mouth, but again, an event of this nature has not been confirmed by the CDC.

See Saliva as a barrier for more info.

RMK

Regular blood test/doctors opinion
STD Discharge or Semen?