|HIV Fact or Myth?
Dec 4, 2002
I was told today that you can prevent HIV infection by bathing right after sex. I always thought this to be false. Is it fact or myth that good hygiene can prevent stds such as HIV???
| Response from Mr. Kull
HIV transmission cannot be prevented by bathing after sex. The best method to reduce the risk of transmission during sex is to use condoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Myths And Misconceptions About Hiv Aids
- Aids Hiv Myths Facts And Truths
- Is Painful Urination An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.