HIV Fact or Myth?
Dec 4, 2002
I was told today that you can prevent HIV infection by bathing right after sex. I always thought this to be false. Is it fact or myth that good hygiene can prevent stds such as HIV???
Response from Mr. Kull
HIV transmission cannot be prevented by bathing after sex. The best method to reduce the risk of transmission during sex is to use condoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Syphilis Antibiotics
- Symptoms Of Advanced Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.