Nov 27, 2002
I had a high risk encounter with a sex worker 3 years ago. But now im am worried i might be infected. I am in perfect health these 3 years; no shingles,weight loss.. Am i safe or just that the symptoms hadn't come out? Do i need to get tested?
Response from Mr. Kull
You can't determine your status based on the absence of symptoms. It's a good sign, but is in no way reliable. The average time it takes for a person to develop AIDS-related symptoms is about 10 years. Your best bet is to have an HIV antibody test three or more months after your last exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.