Penis head inflammation after vaginal sex

From time to time I get an inflammation of my penis head, actually under the foreskin where it attaches to the penis shaft (I am not circumsized). Usually I wash and this goes away. I write now because the other day I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. It was the first time I had sex without a condom. The next day I had inflammation. My penis head actually stuck through my foreskin and was rubbing on my underwear all day, it was really tender. At the end of the day I examined my self. When I pulled the foreskin back, the skin up to my penis head was rather red and sensistive. I also found that there was a red (blood?, but I didn't see any evidence of bleeding during my self-examination) stain on my underwear. What could have caused this? The unprotected sex I had had. The inflammation has since subsided though is still itchy.

Inflammation of the glans (head of the penis) is more common among uncircumcised males. It can be caused by poor hygiene, infections, or allergic reactions. Consider seeing a doctor for evaluation, especially if the inflammation is accompanied by discharge, odor, discomfort or difficulty in retracting the foreskin. The problem you are experiencing could also be caused by tearing of the frenulum, the piece of skin underneath the penis that connects the glans to the foreskin, during sexual intercourse.

In any case, talking with your doctor should give you a more accurate explanation of what's going on.

RMK

Home Access/Puerto Rico
flu or mono