Oral sex and dental hygene?

OK, there seems to be a lot going around on this topic right now, so I'll try to keep this question simple.

I'm a man, performing Oral sex on 1 or more women.

My gums bleed. Not all the time, mostly just when brushing, and not even every time I brush, depending on how carefull I've been about brushing recently. That said, I suppose they bleed 50 of the time at least, so it is a regular occurance. I have had a word from my dentist about it.

How significantly does this alter or affect the 'low risk' categorisation some people are prepared to give Oral sex, both for me and my partner(s).

I am aware that saliva on it's own does not usually spread HIV and may (just might now!) even stop or slow the spread of HIV.

Thank you very much.

Having bleeding gums could increase your risk for infection with HIV when performing oral sex on an HIV infected person; it's difficult to say how much it increases your risk. By no means are you at significant risk for infection.

You can use a barrier to prevent fluid contact with your gums. A dental dam, saran wrap, or a latex condom cut into a square will all work. If you are not using a barrier, don't brush your teeth too close to the time that you are going to perform oral sex. And continue to work with your dentist on improving your oral health.

RMK

unprotected
cheating partner 10 years ago