Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Going mad with symptoms
Nov 24, 2002

Sir Please help answer this question I am Going mad with fear & symptoms.Unfortunately I fell in to a temptation & had sex with a russian sex worker, I did use the condom but condom broke & I can afterward recollect the feeling of condom breaking, midway, as we were in girl on top position & I could not stop had full intercourse ejaculated inside her. & on withdrawel got totally shattered looking at totally torn condom like a head out of cardigan. I noted following symptoms Day 2 - flu like (which my dr described as cold which I may be already carrying)

Day 6 -Loose motions (contd. for a week -off & on)

withing 3 weeks Loss of weight (which I gained back by 4th week)

By 3rd week I cultivated sore throat which contineous till date (today I am in 6th week)

My ENT Dr. told me I had infection in throat (No cold)

I lost all my energy even lifting hand used to look like a job. By 4th week - I had swollen Salivry Gland on left.

From 3rd week - I got yellow thrust on my tongue which will come out on brushing the tongue. My Dr. Told me its due to antibiotics

By 3rd week - I hod body pain on various paces which will come & go.

By 6th week (today) - I felt uncomfortable under my right arm contineously & also in my right leg just near the place where leg joins the hip. I noticed in front of mirror & felt that my chest glands both are probably swolen & sply right one is swollen more & the swelling extends to this extent that it touches my right arm making it feel uncomfortable. However I have had no fever till date & have not noticed any rash.

Had test on 6th day of exposure which was negative. My ENT took a blood count test where WBC were 11.5 showing viral infection.

I am absolutely shatered, have had sleepless nights & glued to your website for days trying to read as much as I can. PleasePlease answermy question in as much detail as possible.

God bless you

Response from Mr. Kull

I'm not sure what your question is. If you're asking me to tell you whether or not you are infected with HIV, I can't. The only way that you can tell if you are infected with HIV is to have an HIV antibody test three or more months after exposure.

One thing is for certain; you are, in a sense, going mad about your symptoms. This happens to many people in many different ways. If your anxiety is disrupting your life, you may need to consider talking with a professional about your anxiety, in addition to HIV.

Only a medical professional can evaluate your symptoms, in person. As the insertive partner with condom breakage, you are at risk for infection, but the risk may not be significant enough to warrant your significant worry about HIV. Get tested at three months, let it rest after that, and try to take care of your psychological health.

RMK

Previous
Flu shots & false positive on viral load tests
Next
Do I have herpes?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.