Oral chlamydia infection - risk of HIV

I was diagnosed with with urethritis caused by chlamydia from receiving oral sex - there is no doubt that this was the cause as I have had no other sex. Your posts say this is very unlikley but in my case happened for sure.

The giver also had HIV - I know your posts have stated that nobody gets HIV from receiving oral but does contracting Chlamydia change the risk - AM I MORE LIKELY TO HAVE ALSO CONTRACTED HIV ???????

Probably not. The reason for the negligible risk associated to receiving oral sex is that there is little to no infectious HIV in the saliva of HIV infected people.

See Saliva as a barrier for more info.

RMK

hpv and pap smear
Ugh!!!!