Prison Officer Assault

First off, thankyou in anticipation for answering my question. I am a serving prison officer in the UK and was recently assaulted by an inmate who threw his excrement and urine over me, some of which I ingested. The inmate's medical record has gone missing but he is a known drug user. Could you tell me what is the risk of infection to myself, and what risks might I pose to my wife and children? I have two daughters, a three year old and a five month old. This is obviously causing a lot of anxiety for myself and my family so thankyou again in anticipation of your help.

It is unlikely that you are at risk for infection with HIV in the unfortunate incident you describe. Only trace amounts of HIV can be detected in urine and feces. Transmission through feces or urine is only possible if blood is present.

RMK

Gonorrhea and HIV
ORAL SCARE