Gonorrhea and HIV

I was recently diagnosed with Gonorrhea and have done the treament for it. I was infected while a trip in Italy by having unprotected sex with a stranger. We had anal sex, and I was the receiver. Although he did not ejaculate inside of me, he did penetrate me. My question is, Am I at high risk of being infected with HIV as well if he were HIV+? Unfortunately I have no way of contacting him. I have learned a big lesson from this experience, and I know I will never have unprotected sex again. I will have an HIV test in 3 months. In the mean time I have a high degree of anxiety, of course. Thanks for your help.

Having unprotected receptive anal sex with an HIV infected person puts a person at significant risk for infection. There is also a significant risk for infection with other sexually transmitted infections. If you have rectal gonorrhea, that can increase the risk for HIV transmission.

This does not mean that you are definitely infected with HIV, nor is it intended to increase your anxiety. However, you should be tested three or more months after the exposure and have safe sex with others.

RMK

Transmission of HIV through kissing a woman's breast
Prison Officer Assault