SEX TOYS

THDEAR DR PLEASE ANSWER THIS IS MY THIRD REQUEST I HAD A INCIDENT LAST SATURDAY OCT26'2002 WITH A PROSTITUTE WE DID MUTUAL RUBBING A MASSAGAGING AND SHE USED MY SEX TOY I JUST BOUGHT BRAND NEW IN THE BOX THE SAME SO NO ONE ELSE HAS USED IT.SHE RUB K Y JELLY ALL OVER THE DILDO AND INSERTED IT IN MY ANUS .MY QUSTION CAN YOU GET HIV FROM ANOTHER PERSON HAND ALL OVER YOU SEX TOY I NEVER CHECKED HER HANDS FOR BLLEEDING ARE ANYTHING.AM I AT RISK FOR HIV?PLZ ANSWER ASAP TY DOCTOR

In order for HIV to be transmitted by using a sex toy, ALL of the following need to be true:

1) The sex toy was used by an HIV positive person

2) There were HIV infected fluids on the sex toy (semen, blood, vaginal secretions)

3) Those fluids came into contact with the uninfected person's mucous membranes (the lining of the vagina, rectum, mouth, urethra)

4) The sex toy was used by the uninfected person shortly after the infected person used it. Remember, HIV does not survive in the environment very long.

HIV is only known to be sexually transmitted during vaginal, anal and oral sex. It is not known to be transmitted by contact with inanimate objects (needles used for injecting drugs excluded).

RMK

Lesbians and HIV
Insertive Oral Risk