Lesbians and HIV

OK I am a 19 year old lesbian. I have never been with a man but alot of the girls that I have been with have. Am at high risk for them having been with men I have very paronoid. Thank You for you time.

HIV transmission among women who have sex with women seems quite uncommon (there have only been a few documented cases). This can be explained by the low risk for transmission involved in oral sex, especially to someone who is performing oral sex on a woman. Risk increases when there is the presence of blood (i.e., during menstruation), other sexually transmitted infections, or poor oral health in the person performing oral sex.

To reduce your risk, it is also advisable that sex toys are not shared if they have not been cleaned (soap and hot water can do the trick). Some people make sharing sex toys easier by covering them with a new latex condom each time they are used. Other forms of contact--grinding/ frotage, finger play--do not pose any real risk for HIV infection.

Having genital or oral contact with another person's genitals when they have a sexually transmitted infection poses a risk of transmission to you. This is the case for anyone. People use condoms and dental dams to decrease the risk of STI transmission. You can also talk with your partners about STIs to become more informed about your risk.

RMK

Rimmed, blood on the partner's lips
SEX TOYS