Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SCABIES? IS IT A Symptom....
Oct 30, 2002

Doctor Ryan,

I have already sent numeroius questions to you and yet I still get no response back.

The thing that I want to ask is that Is SCABIES a symptom of HIV?

I got this scabies a weeks ago after I moved out to this new place and I was sleeping on the floor carpet with a 2 blankets, used already by my 2 roomates and have never been washed for 3 months or more.

Also, the problem started from the ankle, that's because I never wash my socks regularly and leave it for weeks too. Last Year I got similar thing like this on my ankle, the itchy ness, however it went away.

Now, is this scabies a symptom of hiv?

I had sex with a sex worker last year and 3 months ago, both using condoms. The first one being last year, I wore 2 condoms and the 2nd one being 3 months ago, I used 1 condom properly which has the chemical known to prevent STD on the latex condom, it's called DUREX Extra Safe.

So, please answer my question Dr.Ryan. Is scabies a symptom? I went to the doctor already and he said that it is not a symptom and he said that I should be okay. But I am just scared about it and please... please..please... response to my question Dr.Ryan.

I am waiting everyday to your answer... Thank you so much...

Response from Mr. Kull

Scabies is not a symptoms of HIV. If you would like to know your HIV status, get tested three or more months after your last exposure. It is unlikely that you would be infected with HIV when using condoms for vaginal sex.

RMK

Previous
Are condom safe?
Next
Vaginal Secretions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.