Probabilities of getting HIV from cunninglus

Hi Ryan, You have mentioned in sevral of your answers that there have been few cases of HIV tranmission from a female to a male through cunninglus, and therefore the probabilities of getting infected is low. I might sound a bit wierd, but when you say low, is it as low as being hit by a car for example?? If I performed unprotected oral on a sex worker (female) of unknown HIV status, how worried should I be?? I have no gum diseases and there have been no blood exchanged.

You shouldn't worry, but that does not mean that you are at zero risk for infection. Having mucous membrane (like the mouth) exposure to the fluids (blood,semen,vaginal secretions) of a person of unknown risk justifies HIV testing. However, your risk for infection is quite low.

RMK

Real risk of oral sex
Anal sex