Hiv Foodservice workers and transmission
Oct 25, 2002
Can you get hiv through eating food that had a foodhandlers blood on or in the food by mistake or accident? Has anyone ever been infected by eating consumed food with blood on/in it from a hiv pos. foodhandler? Thank you.
Response from Mr. Kull
There is no evidence that people are infected through food. HIV is still only known to be transmitted through sexual, blood (sharing needles, healthcare workers, and rarely through blood transfusions), and mother-to-infant contact.
Blood doesn't survive in the environment long enough to pose any real risk for transmission through casual contact. See Survival...
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.