Question on Sex

I am a HIV- male and my girlfriend is also HIV-. We have been having oral sex with each other and that has been the limit of our activites. We talked about sex and decided to have it in the near future, with the use of condoms. Is there any risk that I should worry about since this is for both of us our first time haveing sex? If there is, what could we do to prevent it? Thanks.

If you are both HIV negative and do not have any other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), then there is no risk of transmission of an STI to either of you. This is true as long as you both remain monogamous, i.e. do not have sexual contact with others. Couples sometimes choose to use condoms at the beginning of or throughout their relationship in order to reduce the risk of infection in case one partner does have sexual contact outside of the relationship.

Whatever your decision, it is important that you talk with your partner about your "sexual contract". As formal as that sounds, you can put your partner and yourself at ease if you have a clear understanding of what your expectations are. If there are any doubts about the ability to remain monogamous, continue to use condoms with your partner.

RMK

Please, Oral Thrush is Killing me!
bloody finger