Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Movie Theater Hand job
Oct 15, 2002

I am concerned about an incident I had at a local adult movie theater. A man in front of me was playing with himself during the movie. He reached back and masturbated me to climax. I did not see if he had any fluids on his hands...I didn't feel any but I can't be sure. I know the tip of the penis could be a port of entry... Would there be any concern with HIV transmission in this scenerio. Please let me know I have had alot of anxiety about this. Thanks

Response from Mr. Kull

HIV transmission is not known to occur during mutual masturbation. Mucous membrane contact with fluids would be minimal at best during this sort of activity. HIV also doesn't survive long when exposed to the environment.

We can't say that there is absolutely no risk involved during mutual masturbation. You still want to avoid significant contact with your partner's fluids; for instance, don't use your partner's semen as a lubricant for masturbation. This would pose a risk for infection with some sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. But again, the risk isn't nearly as high as unprotected vaginal or anal sex.

You should not be concerned about HIV infection in the incident you describe.

RMK

Previous
Possible transmission?
Next
Please, Oral Thrush is Killing me!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.