Oct 10, 2002
Ihave been HIVfor 5 years,and I have been sucking a straight man the First 3 years. Can he get Hiv from me? We are still very close,and worried. Thanks
Response from Mr. Kull
It is tremendously unlikely that you would transmit HIV to your partners by performing oral sex on them. HIV is not known to be transmitted through saliva: this is probably true because the saliva of HIV infected people contains little to no infectious HIV.
You should only avoid performing oral sex on your partner if you have visible blood present in your mouth.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Having Herpes Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Sucking Penis?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Nipple Sucking How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Used Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.