Unprotected sex 5 years ago, also cheek biting habit...
Sep 30, 2002
I had unprotected sex about 5 years ago, and had three blood tests done, the latest one about two years ago. Is there still any risk that I could have caught HIV? Also, I often have blisters in my mouth (bad habit of cheek biting), can I get infected through dirty glasses?
Response from Mr. Kull
An HIV antibody test performed three or more months after exposure is definitive.
You can only get infected with HIV through sex or an exposure to blood (primarily sharing injection needles).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Oral Thrush?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.