Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

please assess my risk

My only possible exposure occured about 2 and 1/2 months ago. I am male and performed oral sex on another male for maybe ten seconds with no ejaculation. Also he rubbed his penis on my anus where I have a rash that sometimes bleeds, but did not ejaculate. That night I came down with flu like symptoms. Please tell me my level of risk as I am very worried waiting to be tested.

It is unlikely that you would experience symptoms associated to recent HIV infection that close to an exposure. HIV is most likely to be tranmsitted through unprotected anal sex, and less frequently through receptive oral sex. Ejaculation in the mouth increases the risk for transmission. This encounter suggests that you are at low risk for infection.

RMK

strange but possible?(please answer)
3 months vs 6 months